Thursday, May 1, 2008

Draft: Family Recipes-Conor

When I was two years old, my dad let me watch him cook. I learned how to cook by watching him. I learned to crack eggs, beat ingredients, and measure by the time I was four. These are some of the things we made together. . .

When I was five years old, I was fooling around with my dad's coffee. I added salt and pepper and handed it to him thinking that he would not like it he loved it! I kept making it again and again and I still make it to this day.

How to make it:

First Make a regular cup of coffee but with with 3 scoops of coffee. Then add a few shakes of salt and pepper. Serve hot and enjoy.

Once I was on the east coast and it was my birthday and I was having my Aunt Helen's New York cheesecake. It is the best. What is wonderful about my Great Aunt Helen and her cheesecake? My Aunt Helen was born and raised in Kansas. She was a fabulous cook. But sadly my Aunt Helen died at 103 years old. I was two. But her recipes stayed. The one that stands out the most is her New York cheesecake. Trust me, this is the best cheesecake you will ever have.

Once I was seeing what would happen if I soaked oatmeal in milk for twenty minutes. It got so mushy I decided to make a cake out of it. I added three eggs, cinnamon, sugar, nutmeg, and baked it. It turned out wonderful. That's my oatmeal cake.

No comments: